Richard Grisafi, MSc
An ENGINEERING PROFESSIONAL who planned and created layouts of approximately 35 complex live-fire training facilities for Kidde Fire Trainers, the world leader in live-fire training systems, products and centers for firefighting. Interfaced with customers to determined desired outcomes of systems and worked with vendors to achieve lowest cost design for manufacturing products. Excels at miniaturizing or integrating new designs to save on shipping and reduce labor/material costs – saved the company over $50,000 within the first year by completely redesigning two standard products. Outstanding technical skills, able to work independently or as part of a team. Successful at meeting customer expectations. Able to read, write and communicate in conversational Spanish.
ORCHARD PROPERTIES, Ramsey, New Jersey November 2012 – Present
- Maintains 10 residential and 4 commercial rental properties. Including repair and upgrades when necessary.
- Saved company more than $4000 by shopping for contractors and receiving multiple quotes on required work.
- Responsible for collecting rent and strictly enforcing late fees.
- Acts as contact for tenants when handling complaints or emergencies.
- Deals with inspections, cleaning, and repair (if required) upon tenant vacancy. Determines what portion of security deposit will be returned to tenant.
- Handles evictions when necessary.
KIDDE FIRE TRAINERS (United Technologies), Montvale, New Jersey
July 2007 – September 2012
Jr. Project Engineer
- Drafted over 500 new 2D/3D CAD drawings including weldments, pipe manifolds, sheet metal, castings, assemblies, electronic enclosures and control drawings using AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor.
- Created over 300 Bills of Materials for self-drawn assemblies and assemblies drawn by others. Evaluated previously created designs and determined redesigns where applicable, resulting in reduction/change in materials to save costs.
- Provided pre-sales proposal support for more than 10 facilities, many of which resulted in multi-million dollar contracts.
- Performed approximately five critical physical site surveys to inspect piping/conduit/duct locations prior to equipment installation.
- Assisted field technicians and contractors in complete on-site installation/integration/testing of four fire training facilities.
- Oversaw temp drafters and evaluated designs.
BOARD OF EDUCATION, Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey June 2000 – August 2001
- Maintained school network and security permissions.
- Supported approximately 250 PCs/Laptops with software installations, upgrades and repairs.
- Installed and imaged more than 200 PCs in classrooms.
- Supported more than 300 user accounts with adds, changes and removals.
- Trained more than 50 teachers and staff in various computer procedures related to software, security, printing/scanning and hardware.
- Maintained and repaired approximately 30 printers.
- Installed approximately 25 TV/DVD/VCR units and equipment in video production room.
MANHATTAN COLLEGE, Riverdale, New York
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering May 2010
Special Coursework: Green Engineering Design: In-depth review of regulations regarding emissions and environment and cradle-to-the-grave product lifecycle analysis.
Legal Aspects of Engineering: Detailed information regarding contract law, its role in engineering projects, the process to receive a patent and product liability issues.
MANHATTAN COLLEGE, Riverdale, New York
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, minor in Mathematics May 2007
DEVRY UNIVERSITY – Online
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (In Progress)
Autodesk AutoCAD (all versions 2008-2013), Autodesk Inventor (all versions 2008-2013), Made2Manage ERP Software, MathCAD, ANSYS Fluent, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Photoshop Professional, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Flash, Autodesk Maya, Adobe Premier, GIMP, Blender, Poser, i-Deas (currently known as UG NX).
Platforms / Operating Systems:
Windows (All versions 3.0 and up), Mac OS X, Ubuntu Linux.
Visual Basic, VB.NET, C/C++, Atmel Microcontrollers including Arduino.
LAN, WAN, POP, SMTP, VPNs, DHCP, TCP/IP, DNS, FTP, Wifi, Routers, Switches, Access Points.
Able to install and maintain an entire wired/wireless small office network including all components.
Solders BGA components using Hot Air Rework tools.
Operates CNC machinery including routers, lathes and 3D printers.
Repairs cell phones, video game consoles, digital cameras, MP3/DVD Players and digital photo frames at board level.
One thought on “Résumé”
please i bought a china laser cutter and it will not cut. I need assistant